Eclipse based IDE
The eCosPro Developer's Kit incorporates the Eclipse integrated development environment for eCos application development (selected targets only). Eclipse provides a graphical user interface for the standard GNU toolchain components (GCC, GDB, binutils) which streamlines the development process.
eCosCentric supplies a number of enhanced software components (plug-ins) with Eclipse which enable the debugging of eCos applications on remote hardware. The eCosCentric solution features:
- Source code management using C/C++ projects
- Integral revision control (CVS, bzr, hg, git)
- A flexible, syntax-colouring C/C++ editor
- Integration with GNU make for building eCos application code
- Annotation of C/C++ code with GCC build errors and warnings within the editor
- Outline views providing rapid navigation through C/C++ code
- A code download and launch capability using serial or ethernet connections (BDM/JTAG on selected target hardware)
- Comprehensive debug facilities including breakpoints, single stepping, backtrace, register, variable and disassembly views
Eclipse provides a number of perspectives (alternative views) into the application development process. The following screenshots illustrate the use of Eclipse for code editing, building and debugging:
Existing eCosPro support customers looking to upgrade their eCosPro Eclipse plugin are advised to go the the eCosPro Eclipse/CDT Plugin Install and Update Site.
For further details, or to check availability of Eclipse for your target hardware, please contact us.