OS Changer - keep your code - change your OS
Porting software from one RTOS to another can be time consuming and complex. OS Changer compatibility solutions enable developers to move an embedded application from their previous RTOS to eCos, with the minimum of time and effort.
OS Changer allows developers to easily port an existing application codebase from their old RTOS to eCos and continue development using the familiar API. By providing wrapper-less RTOS abstraction APIs, Unix-style device I/O APIs, and a set of core ANSI APIs, OS Changer provides an off-the-shelf RTOS application porting solution. OS Changer greatly reduces development/testing effort and related risks, ensuring a smooth and successful RTOS transition.
With OS Porting and Abstraction Lab (OS PAL) you can easily port, abstract and optimize your code on a host machine and run the application on different target platforms. OS PAL leverages the existing OS Changer technologies while adding advanced code optimization capacities on multiple OS environments. OS PAL provides users an easy-to-use graphical user interface that is integrated with the Eclipse® based CDT environment.
How can OS Changer save you money?
- More easily switch development to the eCosPro RTOS
- Reduce development effort
- Reduce time-to-market
- Reduce on-going code maintenance
Why use OS Changer?
- Develop new designs using the familiar APIs you know across potentially multiple RTOSs
- Developers that have a lot of legacy code can use OS Changer to save time and money porting code to a new RTOS in a matter of weeks instead of months or years.
Current OS Changer Source RTOS Support
- Nucleus PLUS
For additional information regarding OS Changer including pricing and other commercial issues, please contact us for a detailed discussion.