Skelmir CEE-J Java Virtual Machine for eCosPro
Need to incorporate a JVM into your eCos based embedded device? Skelmir's CEE-J™ virtual machine is an optional middleware component for eCosPro that provides a straighforward way to add a high performance, small footprint, JVM into your design.
CEE-J is the market leading clean room embedded virtual machine implementation. Its the ideal embedded solution for hosting MHP, OSGi, browsers and other applications - delivering interactive content and applications with speed and clarity to your end users. Its also a mature and proven VM solution with over 2 million set top boxes shipping with CEE-J in Europe alone.
CEE-J for eCosPro Highlights
- Standards Compliant
- Compatible with the MHP 1.0.3 VM requirements. Passes Modena and Mauve test suites, and Espial partner validation.
- The fastest VM on the embedded market. Machine code interpreter loop with dynamic code generation markedly increases speed while minimizing response time to the user. CEE-J integrates with Skelmir's static compiler so applications can be natively compiled for added speed and security.
- The lowest usable footprint on the embedded virtual machine market. CEE-J's modular design enables scalability from a mini-VM to a full blown VM depending on size and functionality requirements. This results in a miniscule minimum VM footprint of around 80k and 15k for a minimal set of class libraries, scaling up to 2MB for the full VM and class library implementations.
- Easily extend the virtual machine through either C or C++. Both JNI and Skelmir's own SNI, working in combination with GNU gcc are fully supported.
- The eCosPro port of CEE-J coupled with CEE-J's modular design and overall architecture makes porting to new eCos based targets a straightforward undertaking. A wide range of architectures are supported including ARM, MIPS, PowerPC, Coldfire, SuperH, Equator BSP, and x86.
- Supports remote debugging using the standard JDWP protocol. Develop and debug applications using any JDWP-enabled IDE such as JBuilder or CodeWarrior.
- Class Libraries
- Clean room class library implementations include applet, awt, beans, io, lang, math, net, security, sql, text and util.
- Solution Support
- A range of profiles and stacks are available to support solutions in the areas of TV and multimedia, networking, cellphones and handhelds.
- Third Party Support
- Multiple 3rd party MHP and OSGi stacks implementations are available for CEE-J from wide range of suppliers including Espial, ProSyst, Wipro, Gatespace, Zentek, IDWay, and ICT.
- Customization and Customer Support
- The team responsible for the design and development of CEE-J provide customer support, and are available for porting, customization and optimization contracts for your target platform.
For information regarding pricing and services please contact us for a detailed discussion. For additional technical information see the CEE-J flyer and browse Skelmir's website.